A new book for project teams
Social Media for Project Managers takes a never-before-seen look at the impact and possibilities of using social media for enhancing project delivery.
Social Media for Project Managers is a new book for project teams that looks at the role that social media – interactivity provided by Web 2.0 technology – plays in helping a project manager be more effective in his or her job. The internet has given us new ways to communicate with people and organise information, and as much of project management is exactly that, this book shows project managers how they can harness this new technology to enhance their ability to work effectively with others on projects. Social Media for Project Managers covers at the three reasons why project managers should become involved with social media:
- It enables the project manager to work more effectively
- It enables other people to work more effectively
- It positions the project manager as a 21st century professional in an increasingly competitive and crowded marketplace.
Social Media for Project Managers, to be published in October 2010 by the Project Management Institute, is a book that project managers can use in a practical way to improve the way they deliver projects by:
- Being more effective through the use of technology
- Understanding the way other teams and individuals use technology and being able to tap into that to reduce rework, especially in the area of status reporting
- Being aware of their online presence and using this to improve career prospects.